Faculty Award Rules and Procedures
Purdue University’s Office of Corporate and Global Partnerships (OCGP) and the Global Academic Committee (GAC) seek faculty nominations for the Outstanding Leadership in Globalization Award in any of the academic mission categories of Learning, Discovery, and Engagement. This award is open to all categories of full-time university faculty members. It is the desire of OCGP to receive up to three (3) nominations per college plus three (3) at-large nominations coming from across campus areas not defined in schools or colleges. These at-large nominations will come through the OCGP. The final college nominations must follow the existing college procedures for administering faculty awards.
- A nomination packet (1-page Executive Summary plus 5 maximum additional pages) addressing the criteria for the award followed by supporting materials (e.g., statement of globalization interests and philosophy, projects, activities, and accomplishments, significance to Purdue, impact, constituent statements, etc.).
- Recognizing that sustained global relationships take time and dedication, the nomination can focus on global accomplishments achieved within the past 5 years. Globalization in this context is defined as developing, facilitating and maintaining programs and activities in partnership with universities, agencies, and private-sector constituents outside the USA involving faculty and/or students from Purdue and international counterparts in all aspects of learning, discovery and engagement.
- DEADLINE for nominations is February 15, 2019
- AWARDEES will be announced and recognized early each Fall Semester
- Recipients can come from any of the three categories (learning, discovery, and engagement), or a combination of them, and will be recognized with the “Outstanding Leadership in Globalization Award - Faculty” award and will receive $5,000 towards furthering their efforts to support Globalization in Learning, Discovery, or Engagement.
Structure of Nomination Packet - to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Globalization Award Nominations”
- Executive Summary (1 page)
- Name of nominee, rank, department, and date of initial appointment to the faculty should appear as first items in document.
- Name of unit submitting nomination and statement of the procedure used in choosing the final nominees.
- Description of Nominee’s Accomplishments and supporting evidence of Outstanding Leadership in Globalization (5 pages max)
Reporting accomplishments for consideration (Please provide brief descriptions, dates, and collaborating university, public and /or private sector partners):
NOTE: Not all criteria will apply to all nominees. Give sufficient evidence on the relevant criteria listed so that members of the selection committee, many of whom will not be personally acquainted with the candidate’s abilities, may make an informed judgment.
Supporting evidence may include, but is not limited to the following:
Evidence in Globalization in Learning
- The development and sustained offering of study abroad programs
- Measurable effects of intercultural learning in the classroom or abroad
- Excellence in globalization of course content
- International collaborative student projects
- Development of dual degree programs with global partners
- Hosting visiting students
- Teaching at universities outside of the US
- Programs and activities other than study abroad that foster student mobility
- Any formal recognition / awards for accomplishments in Learning
Evidence of Globalization in Discovery
- Scholarly articles related to globalization
- Collaborative Research with international partners
- Evidence of grants awarded by agencies supporting global collaborative initiatives
- Collaborative Refereed Journal Publications with international partners
- Hosting high-profile visiting scholars
- Support of student researchers / visiting student scholars
- Any formal recognition / awards for accomplishments in Discovery
Evidence in Globalization in Engagement
- Presentations at global conferences with special emphasis on invited keynotes
- Leadership in organizing international conferences
- Service as editor or reviewer for international journals
- Industry interactions at the global level
- International Internships
- Global Service learning Activities
- Evidence of international student recruitment
- Continuing Professional Development Programs
- Contributions to enhancing the global awareness of Purdue University
- Any formal recognition / awards for accomplishments in Engagement